Thursday, March 17, 2005

Sure Happy It's Thursday

For the longest time, I've felt that TGIF was getting more credit than it deserves. Sure, it's nice when the work week is over and we can finally head out to drink ourselves legless without having to worry about waking up on time the next morning. The thing that makes it difficult for me is that TGIF just shows up out of nowhere. It's kind of hard to go from the doldrums of working for the Man to the level of frenzied spasmotics of a 7 yr old on Xmas eve overnite. It's too much of a switch for my already overtaxed brain.

So, I've decided to institute Sure Happy It's Thursday into my workweeks. It helps build anticipation so I don't blow my emotional load by 9:30 Friday morning. Not that that's ever happened, as far as any of You know.

Y'see, Sure Happy It's Thursday is a little like Hannukah. No, I don't get that analogy, either, but how often does a Norwegian kid get to work Hannukah into one of his posts?

You're probably wondering how you can use Sure Happy It's Thursday in your place of business, now that I've pointed out the obvious advantages to you. Yes, I did point them out. Ok, whose blog is this? Yeesh... The quickest way to start at your workplace is with a simple e-mail to your colleagues. For example:

"To: Sally, Monica, Kip, Star
Subject: SHIT !!!!

SHIT everybody! Can't wait until TGIF !!! - how bout you guys?

Me"

"Re: SHIT !!!!

No kidding! TGIF seems like forever away! SHIT !!

Kip"

See? Once you've started, you'll improve morale And performance every Thursday in your office. And that can only mean better pay and shorter hours. And isn't that what working's all about?